Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Admiral, there be whales here

Because I seem to have an inordinate amount of free time lately, I figured I would start a blog. I really have no idea what I'm doing, so for the time being, this will be a combination of experimental cooking, drinking games, inane rambling, and I'm sure the occasional rant. This time it's mostly a drinking game.

My husband is a chef and works weekends, so I spend a lot of time with my friends during the day, particularly Adam. I was bored this previous Saturday, and inquired as to whether he'd be interested in some day drinking, by way of my old copy of Monopoly. Always game (get it? game? ha.) for some early afternoon boozing, he agreed. The rules we came up with were as follows:

-Drink every time you have to pay another player (rent, 'utilities fees', whatever)
-Drink 5 if you are sent to jail
-Drink if you land on Free Parking
-Drink if you land on Chance or Community Chest
-If you land directly on Go, do a shot

This made the game surprisingly entertaining and, I have to say, we got pretty hammered pretty quickly. It also led to odd conversations such as why I had to pay $750 to stay in what I can only assume was a crack den on Baltic Avenue, and whether we kept getting sent back to jail for aggravated assault or tax evasion.

Sunday was a disappointing Super Bowl, the highlights of which were watching Paul McCartney cram a giant plate of food into his face, sad Peyton, and Liz's KICK ASS chicken wing dip. Yesterday I hit up Spiaggia for Restaurant Week with Alyssa. Today included a marathon of the first 4 Star Trek movies. My life is fascinating.




So...lessons for the week:


-Drinking Monopoly is fantastic and will be repeated
-The Seahawks could have played Pete Carroll at QB and still won
-Shatner has a strange amount of upper arm hair

No comments:

Post a Comment