Thursday, February 27, 2014

Bears on Unicycles

This weekend I decided to make another attempt at cabbage rolls (golabki). The last time I made them, they turned out meh, so I went with a different recipe: http://theshiksa.com/2011/10/22/stuffed-cabbage-leaves/. They turned out fucking awesome, so I have no comments to make other than that's my go-to recipe for cabbage rolls from now on. I include photos because they're a pain in the ass to make and I'm proud of the outcome. Look at that shit. Babcia would be proud.


I also made pierogies (sauerkraut and potato/cheese), which aside from also being a pain in the ass are pretty straightforward. I never used to like the sauerkraut ones, but now they're actually my favorite. I brought my Polish co-worker some leftovers. When I asked him how everything was, he said "Tastes like the motherland." Good enough for me.



Other highlights of this week include contracting a miserable head cold, meeting up with an old friend from college, who is still awesome, organizing my closets, and this conversation with Adam regarding my irritation with relationships as depicted by the entertainment industry:

Me:  I hate how in shows people just jump right into sex. Like in Game of Thrones. Robb and this girl...I'm sure she's a virgin. And he might be also. Like, geez make out a little or something. You don't have to go right to tearing each others clothes off. People don't do that. Unless you're hammered at a bar or something.
Adam:  Haha no time for that bullshit, Barb. He could die any day, just stabbed on the field of battle
Me:  Yeah and I could get hit by a bus tomorrow
Adam:  Ok, that would be an accident
Me:  So? Anyone could die at any time 
Adam:  You aren't going into battle against buses. He's going into battle. He's the king. Fuckers want to kill him.
Me:  Whatever he's got like a zillion guards. He's surrounded by his entire army. I ain't got shit protecting me from rogue buses.
Adam:  He could get hit with an arrow
Me:  I could get hit by a falling icicle
Adam:  Or one of his men could betray him, which is what happens
Me:  Jenn could snap and kill me for insulting her taste in men
Adam:  But war has a much better chance of you dying. Fuck, if I were going to battle like that, I would be trying to bang all the time
Me:  Fine whatever. MAYBE the Game of Thrones situation is potentially understandable, from ROBB'S side of things. She's a nurse. Why is she just banging him right away? And its like every show does that.
Adam:  Cause fuck, might as well enjoy it as long as I can. I might get decapitated by the hound.
Me:  Ok, shut up about Game of Thrones. We're moving on.
Adam:  Hahahaha. Don't you get all uppity with me.

I was unable to come up with a non-Game of Thrones related example, but they're out there. 

Lessons for the week:

- I need to shred paperwork more often. It takes up far too much valuable Lego and board game storage space in my closets
- All of Poland apparently smells like cabbage
- People on TV need to learn the merits of foreplay

No comments:

Post a Comment