Wednesday, May 20, 2015

4oz to Freedom



Day 2

Breakfast:

Chia pudding with strawberries, figs, and almonds

As noted in the previous post, this was pretty good minus the weird consistency, which you kind of get used to. If you don’t like tapioca pudding, I wouldn’t recommend it. Here’s what mine looked like: 


Lunch

Niçoise Salad

This was actually really good. I would totally make this again, aside from the fact that it has like a million ingredients, and my damn eggs were too runny.

Snack

Carrots and hummus

Dinner:

Spaghetti Squash with Ground Turkey, Cherry Tomatoes, and Swiss Chard
I couldn’t find any damn spaghetti squash. AGAIN. Thanks, Jewel. Any time I want it they’re fucking out of it, so I subbed a small acorn squash. Cut it in half, rubbed some olive oil, salt, and pepper on it, baked it at 375 face up for about a half hour (maybe a little more), and scooped out half of it into a bowl. Topped it with the rest of the stuff, cooked as directed, aside from the fact that I made 8 oz of turkey instead of four because I looked at four ounces and was like…Oh, HELL no. Turned out that 4 oz probably would have been enough. Anyway, this was delicious. Good job, Buzzfeed.

Night snack

1 Banana, Chocolate, and Coconut Popsicle

Meh. As predicted, they mostly tasted like banana. Admittedly, my super classy presentation didn’t help their appeal much:



No comments:

Post a Comment