Friday, May 22, 2015

Rent a Wreck



Day 5

Breakfast

Chocolate Banana Smoothie

This was by far the best smoothie I’ve made on this challenge or the 2014 version. That being said, I left out the spinach because I was too lazy to pick spinach before work (I didn’t buy baby spinach, I had the regular stuff) and I used peanut butter instead of almond butter. I’m not entirely sure what Buzzfeed’s problem with peanut butter is. I refuse to buy $13 worth of almond butter for no apparent reason. I don’t think the addition of spinach or the substitution of almond butter would have changed the taste all that much, so...anyway, this is so good it’s hard to believe it’s ‘healthy’. Seriously.




Lunch:

Carrot Ribbon Salad with Chickpeas, Figs, and Pistachios in Cider Vinaigrette

Fuck this salad. I spent a decent amount of time last night shredding three perfectly good carrots with a damn vegetable peeler for this garbage meal. The carrots are still not really what I would call ‘soft’, so I spent my entire 45 minute lunch break chewing. My jaw is killing me. I don’t know how I could have gotten them any thinner, so I really don’t think this was my fault. Also, between the carrots and the figs, this salad is cloyingly sweet. The chickpeas don’t do much to cut the sweetness, and they’re also not the same shape as the carrots and figs, so they sort of all end up at the bottom of the bowl. The chickpeas on their own are pretty good, though, so hopefully we will be using the second half of that recipe for something better than this travesty of a salad. Considering how much time I spent chewing, I was hungry half an hour after eating this. I have a 3.5 mile run tonight, and I will be very put out if I’m starving to death because I wasted my lunch on a bunch of fucking shaved carrots. :::End Rant:::

Snack:

Cucumber Matchsticks and Hard Boiled Egg

It is what it is.

Dinner:

Potbelly’s Wreck. I did a 3.5 mile run at 7pm. I got home around 9:45. No way was I actually going to cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment