Thursday, March 12, 2015

Hump Dayyyy



Day 4 (Wednesday)

Breakfast: Greek yogurt, blueberries, and honey

Snack: Pear, half an avocado with salt and lime juice. Two cookies.

Dinner: grilled mustard/honey/sage pork loin with goat cheese mashed cauliflower

Well, it’s Wednesday. I think I did pretty well today actually, except for the cookies. My coworker’s birthday is Thursday, so I had to bring something in (we do a mini pot luck). I was going to be at a leadership training seminar all day (funnnn), so I had to bring in something that didn’t need to be refrigerated. Everything I could think of dip/appetizer-wise needed to be chilled, so I was left with cookies. Of course I’m not going to make cookies without eating some of the dough, and I mean, you HAVE to taste the finished product. I can’t just assume they’re edible. Oh well. Again, I think this may depend on what your definition of 'clean' is, but I think this qualifies. There's nothing processed, and buzzfeed lets you eat feta, and feta is goat cheese. Tomayto tomahto. I also don't really consider pork to be all that high in fat, especially this cut of it. Obviously stay away from the bacon, but pork loin is pretty lean. Anyway:

Pork loin:

1 pork loin (I think mine was about 2 pounds? It doesn’t really matter how big it is (that’s what she said?). If you have a huge one, or a pork roast, just double the sauce amounts)
¼ c Dijon mustard
¼ c honey
2 tbsp fresh chopped sage
Salt and pepper

Whisk together the mustard, honey, sage, salt, and pepper, and let the pork loin marinate in the sauce for about an hour. Grill it or roast it until it’s done (use a meat thermometer if you’re not sure).

Mashed cauliflower with goat cheese:

1 head cauliflower
½ log of goat cheese
Salt and pepper

This is legit the easiest thing ever. Chop the cauliflower into small florets. Boil until soft but not complete mush. Drain, return to pan, stir in goat cheese, salt, and pepper. It’s glorious.

Lessons for today

1. Reese’s pieces are the devil. I don’t even like peanut butter, but I swear, they’re like crack.

2. God, I love goat cheese.

3. Friday cannot come fast enough.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy! I'll have to try the mashed cauliflower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah its really good and super easy actually

    ReplyDelete