Wednesday, March 11, 2015

John Stamos Is a Liar



Day 3 (Tuesday)

Breakfast: Greek yogurt with blueberries and honey

Snack: Pear, and a fistful of dark chocolate chips

Lunch: Leftover stir fry and quinoa

Dinner:  Shrimp quinoa bowl

Apparently I ate a lot of quinoa today. My husband said he just wanted leftover soup for dinner, and knowing that I would be eating soup for lunch fairly often over the next week or so, I decided to make something else. He’s allergic to shellfish, so any chance I get to make shrimp I take. I still had leftover quinoa, so I just put it in a bowl with some salsa and pepper jack, covered it with foil and stuck it in the oven for about a half hour to heat it up and melt the cheese. I tossed the shrimp in some salt, lime juice, cumin, chipotle chili powder, and garlic and sautéed them, then tossed them into the quinoa. It was ok, needed some extra salt and I threw on some hot sauce. Meh. I’m sure there are better recipes out there.

Finally lost some weight, though. At least according to my scale at home, which says I lost four pounds. The scale at work, however, says I lost one-ish, which I don’t really understand. I’m going to pretend it’s four.

Lessons for today:

1. Greek yogurt is GROSS without honey. Screw you and your web of lies, Uncle Jesse.

2. Eating quinoa all day apparently gives me the desire to cram chocolate into my face at 9pm.

3. I watched three episodes of Guy Code, the final one of which they debated whether it was acceptable to let a one night stand use your toothbrush. I agree with their consensus, which was ‘HELLLLL no.’ Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment